Team Lab Wednesday Wave 1 of 4 (Level 2, Week 1 of 3): Base Volume/Prep & Accum 1: ‘Volume & Variety’ (Level 2)

Team Lab Wednesday Wave 1 of 4 (Level 2, Week 1 of 3): Base Volume/Prep & Accum 1: ‘Volume & Variety’ (Level 2)

*May squat first (or in AM), then lifts, then pulls/other auxiliary lifts last (unless in meet prep phase-lifts first) (if squat first-doing cleans before snatches can help)
*Goal each week/wave: match or beat last week/past numbers
*Note: Lift % based on top classical lifts. In some cases Work sets listed only)
*Individual edits and adjustments can be made for your needs (to program and %). Communicate with your coaches and never assume!
Optional/recommended-Jerk/Clean Grip Sotts Press (Optional: Jerk Sotts TO Split Press)(If your positions/flexibility is poor or your stiff from yesterday-DO THEM. May do here to prepare positions for lifts or after lifts w/upper auxiliary strength work):
90-95% of Monday’s RM x3 sets OR: x5rm x1-3 sets (To top x5rm, OR: x5rm then 2 more sets for AMAP, OR: x5RM, -5-10%x5, -10-20%x5)
Power Clean (& Optional Power Jerk on last rep):(Other options: Pause @ Knee, Hangs (High or Knee), Blocks (@ Knee), or No Feet) (keep same rep scheme)
(Opt. Jerk last rep) x3rm, then: drop 5-10%x3, then 10-15%x3), OR: 3rm, then 3s x2-4 sets @~90%+ of 3rm (if 4 sets, may drop down ~5-10% more on last 2 sets) (if miss any add another set at same or less weight) (90s-2min rests) (~30 min)
Clean Pull or High Pull (w/re-bend): (If did other option-change pulls respectively too: Powers = High Pulls, Pause @ Knee Pulls, Hang Pulls, Block Pulls, or No Feet=Regular Pulls)
x3, x3, x3 (~100-105%, 105-110%, 110-115% of today’s lifts) (90s-2min rests) (~10 min)
Pause Front Squat (*may do after back squats):
To top x3,x2,x1 (‘loose build up’: don’t push the 3 & 2 as hard as the 1)(example: x3 @~80-85% of top x1, x2@~85-90% of top x1, x1@~90-95%of top x1, and if feeling good: x1@~100%+ of top x1) (~15 min)
(OR: 5s x3 sets at 90-95% of Monday or Saturday RM (if Monday no good may go for new RM, then -5%, -10%), then, optional-either (unless doing volume work for both back & front squats): Pauses (5 & 5 tempo): drop 10% x5, then drop 20%x5-no belt (~20+min)(optional/recommended-on initial ramp up sets: pause on rep 1 up to about 80-90% of top work sets) (If go with this option may also do after Back Squats) (May also move Pause Front Squat to Monday after Back Squats)
Back Squats: (*note: 5s & 10s)
5s x3 sets at 90-95% of Monday RM (if Monday no good may go for new RM, then -5%, -10%), then, either 10s (unless doing volume work for both back & front squats): drop 10% x10, then drop 20%x10-no belt, Pauses (5 & 5 tempo): drop 10% x5, then drop 20%x5-no belt, or Speed Reps: drop 10-50%x5, then drop 10-50%x5-no belt (~20+min)(optional/recommended-on initial ramp up sets: pause on rep 1 up to about 80-90% of top work sets)
Snatch Deadlifts(or, 3 Part Pause Sn Deadlifts-pause on way up and down):
x5rm x1-3 sets (To top x5rm, OR: x5rm then 2 more sets for AMAP, OR: x5RM, -5-10%x5, -10-20%x5)
Bonus/optional/recommended-Halting Snatch Deadlift (w/3sec pause at knee)(*note: drop to at least 50% of Sn DL and build back up):
x5rm x1-3 sets (To top x5rm, OR: x5rm then 2 more sets for AMAP, OR: x5RM, -5-10%x5, -10-20%x5)
RDLs (or Sn RDL if did RDL on Monday):
x5rm x1-3 sets (To top x5rm, OR: x5rm then 2 more sets for AMAP, OR: x5RM, -5-10%x5, -10-20%x5) (*note: may switch 5s for 10s)
Optional/recommended (&/or Wednesday or Thursday after lifts/Jerks): Single Leg (Quad Dominant) of choice-Lunges, Split Squats, Step-ups, etc. (BB/DB, etc.) *AND: May superset w/hip dominant Single Leg Of Choice: 1 Leg RDL, 1 Leg Good Morning, etc. (BB/DB/1DB, etc.)
x10rm x1-3 sets (To top x10rm, OR: x10rm then 2 more sets for AMAP, OR: x10RM, -5-10%x10, -10-20%x10) (*note: may switch 10s for 5s)
Low Back-Reverse Hypers &/or Hypers (Note: May do these at beginning of workout-ESPECIALLY if you tend to skip them):
x10-15 x3 sets (~10 min)(optional-weighted: BB/DB/Plate. And/or may pause at the top for 3s or hold last rep for 10s)
This entry posted in Team LAB: Level 2 (workouts)